Friday, September 26, 2008

oh yeah

ok, so is it sad that i got excited to see that a possible hurricane could be named after me? i mean really, hurricanes are bad right? ... but still, you've got to admit that its pretty sweet having your name associated with something so powerful! childish and silly, i know, but hey, try and imagine it as having something way cool, like a shark or a dinosaur, being named after you. (and we're not talking about some wussy leaf eating dinosaur) ... anyway, feels pretty good doesnt it. yeah, thats right, im a clustering ball of spinning tropical hatered on my way to ruin someones day. in fact, check me out just biding my time off the coast of bermuda.


here's msnbc's version of things:

This September 26, 2008 NOAA satellite handout image shows Tropical Storm Kyle located south-southwest of Bermuda. Tropical Storm Kyle was churning Friday on a path that would take it west of Bermuda and could become a hurricane before it takes aim at the US coast, the National Hurricane Center said. "A tropical storm watch is in effect for Bermuda," the Miami-based center said in a bulletin at 1200 GMT. "Interests in the northeastern United States and the Canadian maritimes region should closely monitor the progress of Kyle during the next couple of days," it added.
9:24 a.m. ET, 9/26/08

P.S. all of the above mentioned comments should be taken with a grain of salt...if you couldnt tell. i most definately hope that this tropical storm stays away from any inhabited areas and avoids its opportunity to "ruin someones day".

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

I totally thought of you when I heard it on the news :)
Miss you guys!

Jay Butterfield aka Bob Roberts/ Rex aka T-Rex Man said...

You must be pretty jealous that I have an entire country named after me.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. .. does that mean you are unpredictable and dangerous?

Travis Butterfield said...

yeah, well, I'm pretty sure my nickname was "Maverick" long before it was John McCain's. I mean, seriously. I've been going by that name for over 20 years now. The first time I ever heard it used to describe McCain was THIS year. He's a nickname stealer. What a jerk.