Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Conference Weekend



As always, I really enjoyed watching general conference this past weekend. The opportunity to see and hear from current apostles and prophets has been something that has really increased in value for me over the years. On my mission I remember really missing living so close to so many general authorities. We used to get so excited when the area authorities would come to France and our mission. Anyway, I really enjoyed the spirit and messages from conference. There are always a number of talks that kind of resonate with you. Cortney and I were actually pretty lucky because we were able to go to one of the sessions. Out of no where our bishop surprised us and gave us four tickets to the Saturday afternoon session. He is such a nice guy. We went with a couple of our friends and really enjoyed the experience. For priesthood session I was able to take Taylor with me again. Howard seems to always get stuck out of town for conference weekend so its nice that Taylor is able to come with us...especially since he cracks me up. Lately he's really been getting into the Three Stooges so randomly you'll catch him trying to mimic some of the pranks he learns from them. Its so funny.

2 comments:

Cortney said...

It was so fun to walk around Temple Square after conference. The grounds are always so pretty and it was such a nice taste of spring to see the flowers blooming. I feel so blessed that the bishop gave us those tickets.

Mom said...

Yeah..a new blog entry! I'm so glad you and Cortney had the opportunity to attend Conference in person!