Thursday, March 13, 2008

and the winner is...


monday i got a random call from a representative for 'wireless city'. apparetntly there had been a drawing for a new cell phone and i had been the lucky name drawn. cool right?...well, the only problem was that i had no recollection of ever entering a drawing to win anything, let alone a drawing from wireless city. in fact, im pretty sure i had absolutely never entered their drawing since...I NEVER ENTER DRAWINGS! i always see them as ways for companies to get my personal information and exploit me with numerous calls and offers. anyway, getting back to the story, to my suprise, wireless city had somehow gotten my number and to my even greater suprise (since i never win drawings or raffles) i was to be the lucky winner of some drawing for a cell phone. A bit intrigued, i told them id come in to their office the following day and check out what this was all about. in the mean time i tried to figure out how my name was submitted in their contest. after thinking about it for a while, i decided that most likely reason was that maybe heidi had entered my name in something without my knowing...so i decided to give her a call. it turns out she actually had entered my name in a drawing (as best as she can remeber) and the funny thing about it was that i was even with her when she did so. i guess we were at a jazz game or something like that when she saw a promotion that was offering a free new cell phone. since i was in need of new phone (the one i was using was getting to be in pretty shabby shape) she decided to enter our names in the drawing. of course as she was doing so i was trying to lecture her on how entering our names was a bad idea because now we would be on some 'annoy you whenever we want' corporate list. she of course said it was fine and not to worry about it. well long story short, because of her entering my name, i am the proud proud owner of a new (and a little outdated) phone. not too bad eh. anyway, i dont know if it was an actual drawing that i had won or if, and this is the more likely possibility, wireless city went through the names of their applicants and picked out the ones who were up for contract renewal. at any rate, they picked out my name, gave me a free phone, and signed me up for another year of tmobile service...which is fine since i wasnt planning on switching from them anyway...and like i said, i was in pretty bad need of getting a new phone, so i guess in the end it all worked out in my favor.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

nice!

Anonymous said...

.i.kojijiikiijijiijijiijii8iljh
you sure did need a new phone, your old one looked like I got a hold of it a time or two.

Travis Butterfield said...

so, what kind of phone is it? And, where did your Alvin and the Chipmunks video go? I wanted to watch it.

Travis Butterfield said...

p.s. nice new layout. except I feel off-balance because its left-handed. ha ha.

Lumpy said...

its a samsung...basically like the picture on the blog. i monstly am pumped about it because my old nokia had the backlight broke on it. as far as the chipmunks one, i tried to have youtube post it like four or five days ago and it must have delayed until yesterday so i just deleted it...plus it sent like 4 of them to my blog.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! How 'bout that?! What are the odds of something like that actually working out well? Way to go!
Too bad your phone isn't as cool as mine......

I like your new blog lay-out!

Jay Butterfield aka Bob Roberts/ Rex aka T-Rex Man said...

Looks just like my free phone from Tmobile. Congrats, big winner.