Thursday, May 8, 2008

graduation and california

well i made it...last friday was graduation at the U. mom dad heidi jeff and grandma & grandpa all came up to support me. we had a good time going out to eat and attending the college ceremonies. i think the highlight of it all was when the brass band started playing the beatles "when im sixty four" while the p.h.d. candidates were walking...rumor has it heidi leaned over to my mom when it started plyaing it and said, "well this is different." ha ha, i guess the u's a little different than the y.
after graduation, heidi surprised me with a trip to california for a graduation present! we went saturday afternoon and flew back in monday night. we stayed with some of her old friends and it was blast. they live in hunington beach and are basically five minutes from the beach. heidi and i were able to do a lot of fun things while we were there...as you can probably see from the pictures. we went surfing, boating, bike riding, softball-ing, and exploring! thanks to heidi, mel, and mat for such good time.
for another surprise, mom and dad got me a wii for graduation! i had never had the chance to play one before so i was really excited for it. the games are really cool and can get pretty competitve...you should see heidi at bowling or tennis and youll know what i mean. thanks ma and pa





5 comments:

Kelsey said...

CONGRATS KY! Looks like you guys had fun in Cali. Watch out for Heidi on the Wii.........she is dangerous. Make sure she doesn't try to answer her cell while playing tennis. Deadly combo!

Angela said...

Congratulations - I am so proud of you! You did such a great job this year! I know I haven't met you, but Heidi says you were an amazing student! So I am very excited for you!

Looks like the trip was a blast!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Butta, Congrats on graduation and I love the Dodger shirt! Think Blue baby!

The Balls said...

What a nice girlfriend you have! I ahve never surprised Brandon like that, mostly because I think he'd have a financial anurism! Congrats on the graduation!

Stephanie said...

Hey, Congratulations Kyle! Graduating brings out the best in people I think. Britton found your blog through Chad's/Travis', but even though he LOVES to read up on what everyone is doing, he rarely comments (I guess he thinks that's what I'm for). Anyhoo, I hope you don't mind me adding your blog to ours. Now Britton can just click on your link instead of having to search through everyone else's.
Ps. Your trip to California almost made me jealous! It looks so warm and fun in your pictures - glad you had such a blast!