Sunday, April 6, 2008

general conference



sorry it has been a while since i have sat down and updated my blog. things are going well and, like everyone else it seems, im staying pretty busy. school is winding down and leaving much to get done before the semester finishes, and work is picking up as the construction season is returning. yet, even though it seems busy, things are, like i said, going fairly well. its fun to get back outside for work on a more regular basis and check the job sites around the city, and its additionally fun to prepare for graduation from the U. in fact, just this past week i got done buying my cap and gown etc for the big day. anyway, things are going good.


on another note, the last session of conference has just ended and i would like to express how much i enjoyed watching conference this season. ever since going on a mission i have really come to love and appreciate gereral conference. in fact, i remember just being home from france and looking forward to the october 04 conference almost like it was christmas. i think that probably has something to do with serving outside of the united states and learning to appreciate the blessing of living so close to church head quarters and church authorities...and being able to hear the prophets and apostles in their native tongue. even though its a blessing to broadcast conference across the globe, ive always felt bad for french and other members who have to hear the words of the prophet through a translator. anyway, i enjoyed conference and the chance to participate in feeling the spirit of the messages. I really enjoyed elder wirthlins talk and also the messages from the first presedency during the priesthood session. - - speaking of the priesthood session, i was able to take taylor cluff along with me for the session and subsequent butterfield traditional after-conference dinner. howard is basically out of town right now so i asked sylvia if it would be ok if i took taylor with me and the fam to the priesthood session. she of course said yes and was actually pretty excited about it all since taylor had never been able to go before. so, i met up with taylor, helped him get his tie on, and brought him with me. it was so fun! i was so proud of him all throughout the night and was really able to reflect on how grateful i am to be a friend with the cluffs. i have known taylor now for close to seven years and it has truly been one of my biggest blessings being able to watch him grow and develop...besides, how could you not have fun at conference when the person you bring pulls out a pirate eye-patch from his pocket half way though the session and wears it for a good half hour or so! trust me, that was classic!

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

you are a sweetheart :) We hope to see you guys soon.....very soon. I'm so happy you're graduating!!!!!!

Heidi Ann said...

Argggg!! A pirate's life for me! YOu didn't tell me about the patch. That is so funny. Good times. YOu were glowing yesterday when you told me about your time with Tayolor. You are such an important person in there life and friend to look up to:) Good job sweater

Unknown said...

haha. that's awesome about the pirate patch. and just in case you haven't noticed, i am no longer in last place in the ncaa brackets. what place am i, you ask? oh, that's right. i am in third. you better watch out.

Travis Butterfield said...

HA HA HA HA. That's freaking awesome. I wish I had a pirate's eyepatch to wear to conference. I'll need to see if I can get me one of those. I can't believe it's been 7 years since you first got to know the Cluffs. That's crazy.

Oh crap. Staci is beating me in the brackets? That's pathetic. And I WON last year. I think I'll go suck my thumb, or stick it in the sand, or eat worms, or something.

Anonymous said...

From the standpoint of a mother. You are a wonderful man to take an interest in Taylor and all the family, especially when it isn't required. You have a heart of gold, and your influence will be felt all of their lives.
I count myself lucky to be your mother!

Anonymous said...

mkjuvfijiubg54uic7t8guutih

Angela said...

You are so sweet! I bet Taylor loves it! Way to be! We loved conference too...how could you not!